Tuesday, October 13, 2020

More pumpkin carving fun

Last year, I taught my daughter how to carve a pumpkin for the first time. This year, we had more fun doing it again. However, this time, since she's more experienced, I had her carve her own pumpkin while I did mine. Here are the results of our labour:





Neat, eh? Can you guess which one's mine and which one's hers? 

We both had lots of fun making these. She feels bad for the mistakes she made. She originally designed her pumpkin to have teeth, but cut them off while carving because she forgot that you have to go around them. She made a similar mistake while carving out one of the eyes. But, y'know what, in this case I'd say they're more like "happy accidents" as Bob Ross would say. That toothless, pupilless grin makes him look even more sinister which is perfect for Halloween.





She insisted that we take a picture of each of us beside our creations making the same face. So that's what we're doing here. Personally I think my pumpkin looks more attractive than me. If my wife leaves me and runs off with that pumpkin, I'd be heartbroken but I'd understand. Ha ha!




As per usual, I started with a preliminary sketch first and then proceeded to reproduce that sketch onto my pumpkin as best as I could. My daughter just kept the design in her head and then drew it on her gourd. Either way is a legitimate method if the results work out as well as ours did.

Anyway, that's our spook-tacular fun for this year.  I hope everyone all over the world manages to have a safe and fun Halloween.

[Yes, I know, it's been many months since I've updated this blog. As many people have observed, 2020 has been one hot mess of a year. There's almost too much to blog about. So many Censor Monkeys are everywhere doing so much absolute fascism it's hard to keep up. Maybe I'll do an end of the year recap or something, once I've managed to gather more thoughts together. Until then, keep trying to enjoy things in these troubling times]

No comments:

Post a Comment