Monday, May 28, 2007

Sydney, Nova Scotia



I'd like to take a few minutes to draw attention to a nice little harbour town known as Sydney located in the northern part of the province of Nova Scotia. Why would I do such a thing? Well, I'm doing so simply because I will be working there pretty soon. It seems an animation studio named Helix happens to be in that town and are in need of an animator. So I, being the kind-hearted citizen that I am, have agreed to offer my services to them so that they can get any project they have on their schedule done faster. Well, it certainly beats tsanding in the way of flying grease at McDonalds doesn't it? ;)

Well, really, the one person I should thank for helping me get the job is this guy:


{This is him with his favourite watch. I think it tells him to do things.}

His name is Chris Hankewich but he often goes by the name Hank. If you want you can check out his blog of goodies here. He graduated from animation school the same year as me so we know each other rather well. So, when his company said that they needed animators, you can see how my name would have come up (along with the names of others who graduated that year, some of whom I suspect might be there as well). Some shows that Hank has worked on in the previous years have been Bromwell High and The Secret World of Og. Those ones I know for sure. I'm sure he could provide the rest (even the ones he's not at all proud of).

As a "tribute" to him for getting me this job, I planned to draw a funny comic with him as the centre character. I started working on it, but somehow it seemed mean to me. I was going to have him commit arson for no reason after all. So, instead, I'll just post these attempts at caricature of him.



Hmmmmmm. I guess I still have some work to do.

Oh well, I leave for Sydney on Saturday. From that point on I'll be seeing him so often that I'll have plenty of oppurtunities to caricature him and anyone else who works at Helix.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Best of luck to you, David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, I'm happy for you! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete