Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Someone is Scared



Okay, so I just bought Mad Magazine #474 today (for $5.50 not so cheap). I was prepared to enjoy many of the articles and satire like I usually do. But then I saw this image:



Hmmmmm, could this be a subtle jab at the Tom Cruise monkey and Katie Holmes monkey I drew last May? Is MAD Magazine scared that I've added both their star power to my cast of filthy monkeys? Or is this just a crazy coincidence?

Really, if it is a jab at me, it's pretty lame. I've been reading MAD for years and years and I know they could come up with something better than this. However, if it's not a jab at me, then it's merely cute and/or amusing.

Either way, bring it on, Alfred E. No snappy answers or stupid questions can save you now. >:P

Oh well. While you're out and about, go to your local magazine rack and pick up this latest issue of MAD. It's pretty good.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Mr. Doogie, if that is your real name, I had to delete you. Your profile indicates that you are merely a troll and I have a low tolerance for trolls. That's what this was supposed to prevent.

    I'm more accepting of comments from anyone with a proper blog who is putting up their artwork trying to showcase their talents either in the hopes of landing a career in it or if they already have a career as a way of meeting other artists.

    Doogie, since you are neither of those types of people, I can't accept yor comment. Sorry for any inconvenience. >:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's okay,
    I just wanted YOU to read it. I have no need to "showcase my talents" as I am a working animation professional. I just happened upon upon your sometimes offensive posts... and actually, I did start an account specifically to respond to your blog. Is there truly such a thing as "trolls infesting" and "infecting" you, or is it just honest commentary from people whose personal opinion differs from your own, and do not spend their free time blogging? I am merely suggesting that you chill out look at things a little bit differently. It worked for me and it may work for you too. I want to be an ally, let's talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no need to "showcase my talents" as I am a working animation professional.

    Okay, you're going to have to give me your name and the studio where you work. You can't just state soemthing like that on the internet (ESPECIALLY on the internet that is) without any proof to back it up.

    Hmmmmm....... only SOMETIMES offensive? I'll have to work a little harder at that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. David, are you kidding me? I doubt anyone who works on Mad has even SEEN this blog or heard of you, much less parodied you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's just a coincidence. I mean, I have read that issue of MAD magazine, and I didn't make a connection until now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guys, you don't suppose our pal David was making with the funny here?

    I'm sure he doesn't think MAD's "usual gang of idiots" are ripping him off.

    (Now, if this had been CRACKED, I'd be willing to buy it!)

    ReplyDelete